Forums > Rooster Teeth Podcast

Edits between Live and Uploaded.

Posts (8)

• o_TheMuffin_o

o_TheMuffin_o FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Full of nanners

#16535160 - 3 years ago

So I was listening to the Live stream of the Podcast on Monday while doing some work and Burnie went off on a tangent about the AH controllers looking like garbage that they had Controller Shop make for them. It wasn't directed at the quality of work but at the designs the AH crew chose. This led into the bit about Ray living a not so ironic life. I went back and listened to it as the uploaded version today and noticed that section was removed. This was the first Live podcast I've gotten to listen to and I know editing takes place, but was this to save face for Burnie? When he went off on them, Jack was definitely taken aback by it and I even mentioned it in the twitter stream.

Is this a common occurrence where edits are made to make people come off better? Or do you think it was done because the sponsor might have taken offense to it? Also has anyone noticed this happen before?

• Bman

Bman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16536084 - 3 years ago

In reply to TheMuffin18, #1:

I'm pretty sure that if somebody regrets what they said on the podcast they can ask whoever edits the podcast to take it out. Since it's live they have to censor themselves which is probably pretty hard to do, and we all make mistakes so it's just not to start drama within the community thinking that Burnie is going to leave the company or something crazy like that because of a stupid little tangent somebody went on haha

• TPaz

TPaz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16536784 - 3 years ago

I rewatched it on tuesday and remember that part. Maybe it was removed since.

• Matt317

Matt317 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold the guy

#16540506 - 3 years ago

I don't think Burnie intended to make fun of Controller Shop, but I could understand why he wanted that bit taken out just as to not give the wrong impression.

• Matt317

Matt317 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold the guy

#16567374 - 3 years ago

Well it looks like they did it again. This time they took out the bit from the recent episode on Gus calling New York a shitty city.

• xLilCubbie25

xLilCubbie25 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Hoot

#16584183 - 3 years ago

In reply to Matt317, #5:

A week late replying, but are you sure? I just listened to the audio form of that episode of the podcast today and I distinctly remember a section where New York and shitty city came into play.

• Matt317

#16584324 - 3 years ago

In reply to xLilCubbie25, #6:

I double-checked both on iTunes and on here and I could tell it was right at 1:48:40. I also remember either Burnie or Jack making a joke about Gus looking like a tough guy saying that with a green bow on his head.

But yeah, it's weird that they would cut that out.

• xLilCubbie25

xLilCubbie25 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Hoot

#16584367 - 3 years ago

In reply to Matt317, #7:

Yeah, that is weird. I guess they didn't want anymore backlash for it then what they maybe got? Because I'm sure a lot of people who live in New York probably took it the wrong way..