It’s been a crazy couple of weeks since the RWBY: Combat Ready Kickstarter Campaign launched on September 27th. Thanks to all the Backers and vocal supporters, the game and campaign have taken off faster than we could imagine.
It’s only been 30 days, but the game has changed drastically since launch due to the unlocking of Stretch Goals. Those unlocked goals offered game component upgrades, additional content in the game, or additional content to be purchased!
For those of you who haven’t been following along (or those who have but really want to know what you’re getting... ) here is a brief “The Road So Far” of RWBY: Combat Ready.
September 27: RWBY: Combat Ready was launched!
September 29: We clarified that shipping is INCLUDED for people who live in the USA, EU, AU, or NZ!
September 30: We’re funded!
After being funded, it becomes a whirlwind of updates nearly every day as we started unlocking items. Here’s the quick low down with some links to their specific updates (as necessary).
Items that are added to RWBY: Combat Ready - for all versions!
- 6 Additional Objective Cards
- The Rulebook was upgraded in Quality
- +4 Additional Pages with a “Making of RWBY: Combat Ready” Chapter
- The playing cards were upgraded to a high quality Black Core
- MINIATURES! Miniatures replaced the cardboard player pieces of Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang!
- Player Tracker Scrolls were upgraded to be double-backed with recessed squares to hold player cubes securely
- Vacuum Trays were included in all game boxes to hold all the game components
- Semblance Tokens were upgraded to be 3D printed pieces
- Adam Taurus was added as a Villain into RWBY: Combat Ready (36 Card Deck, plus the White Fang Minion Deck with 18 cards and 1 Objective Card)
- Game Box was upgraded to have UV Printing on the outside
- Player Cubes upgraded from wood to colored transparent plastic
- Cinder was added as a Villain into RWBY: Combat Ready
- PENNY Is Included! (She comes with a 30 card deck, 1 player tracker scroll, 1 miniature, and 1 semblance token.)
Backer Included Items - Free of charge to Kickstarter Backers at all Pledge Levels!
The 30 Card Heroine Booster Deck - a pack of 6 cards for each of the 5 heroines (Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and Penny)
Neopolitan’s Sub-Boss Deck - a deck of 18 cards and 1 Objective Card
The 30 Card Villain Booster Deck - a pack of 10 cards for each of the 3 Villains (Roman Torchwick, Cinder Fall, and Adam Taurus)
Add-On Items Available to Add To Your Pledge (Here’s How you do it!)
Villain Miniatures for USD$20.00 (Includes a 30mm tall mini of Cinder, Adam, and Torchwick - Collectible Items Only, Not Integral to Gameplay)
Additional Copies of the Game for USD$45.00 (Each additional copy purchased through the Kickstarter will have all the Backer Included Items)
Emerald and Mercury’s Sub Boss Deck for USD$10.00 (Includes an 18 card deck and 1 objective card)
RWBY Starter Pack #1 for USD$60.00 (Includes the first four volumes of RWBY on either Blu-Ray or DVD.)
RWBY Starter Pack #2 for USD$40.00 (Includes the first four soundtrack CDs of RWBY)
New RWBY Character for USD$10.00 (An unknown new RWBY Character that will be premiering in RWBY: Combat Ready before they appear in the show, RWBY!)
Developer Updates Explaining the Game:
#1 - Objectives and How They Work
#2 - Card Play
#3 - Combos and Assists
#4 - Experience
I know, a lot of information to take in at once. Take a deep breath. Take a look. RWBY: Combat Ready has grown drastically since we launched it only 30 days ago. We’ve got just about four days left in the campaign so now is the time if you have interest.
We’re expected to ship this game to Backers in July 2018 and then ideally it will go into the RT Store after the Backers have it in their hands. But remember - there are certain items here that Backers have included for their pledges that will be separate items when it's in the Store!
We hope you’re as excited as we are to get our hands on it and play it with our friends!